Welcome to the FResh List! Every Friday morning, the dedicated staffers in FR’s New York City office compile a list of all the random things on their minds about the world of food and drink and beyond, as well as some names to know. Here they are, rounded up in a somewhat organized fashion:
1. Just Say No to KFC hot chicken.
2. Larry McGuire.
3. Silicon bakeware, the ultimate in “can’t screw it up” nonstick baking technology.
4. Uri Scheft.
5. New honey-chicken sandwich at Shake Shack: stickiness at its finest.
6. John Currence (new book: Big Bad Breakfast).
7. The Prince Street Podcast.
8. Katie Button’s recipes.
9. Firestone Walker’s Oaktoberfest märzen beer (paired with bratwurst).
10. Tempura ice cream.
11. Hand-rolled ice cream.
13. Cured magazine.
14. Inaki Aizpitarte.
16. Jessica Koslow.
17. Michael Ian Black.
18. Hamburgers, vegan burgers, chicken burgers: We’re all for freedom of choice when it comes to burgers.
19. South Park is 20 years old!
20. It’s rosemary in cocktails season.
21. Red Rooster, now in cookbook form (and coming soon as a restaurant to London).
22. Brooklyn Brewery selling a 24.5 percent stake to Japan’s Kirin.