As summer slowly winds down (please, no!) our minds are fluttering towards fall events. Tickets for Dîner en Blanc, Wellness in the Schools’ fall benefit dinner and Taste of East Village are all on sale now. For those looking to do good while dining out, a new restaurant in New York has opened and will dedicate all of its proceeds to a number of charities.
- On Tuesday, Pittsburgh chefs Jamilka Borges and Csilla Thackray joined Union Standard‘s Derek Stevens to cook a benefit dinner for Best Buddies Pennsylvania and Five P Minus Society. Best Buddies PA provides friendship-based services for developmentally challenged individuals, while Five P Minus Society helps those with 5p-Syndrome, a disorder where a chromosome is missing in someone’s genetic makeup.
- P.S. Kitchen opened on Tuesday in Manhattan’s Hell’s Kitchen. The restaurants is 100% plant-based and donates all profits to various charities. Helmed by Gary Barawidan, who has cooked at the likes of Per Se, Union Square Café and Avant Garden, P.S. Kitchen dishes up hen of the wood mushrooms in buffalo wing style, burgers, rice congee, tartines and more.
- Time to polish off your all-white best. Dîner en Blanc returns to New York its seventh year and tickets are now available. Chef Todd English returns to cook up another storm for the event on August 22. Check out our report from last year’s picnic-turned-dance-party.
- It’s nearly time to send those kids back to school and Wellness in the Schools is gearing up for the Fall Harvest Dinner. Chefs Bill Telepan, Angie Mar, Alfred Portale, Claudia Fleming and Michael Schwartz will be serving a five-course seasonal meal to benefit the non-profit. Tickets for the September 14 event are now available.
- Tickets for the second annual Taste of East Village are on sale now. Proceeds will go back into the neighborhood, supporting the Cooper Square Committee, an organization dedicated to preserving affordable housing. Luke’s Lobster, Porchetta, Brick Lane Curry House, Porsena and more will be offering tastings on the September 16 event.