Happy National Pizza Day! While we would like to argue that you can celebrate pizza on any day you please, we can’t argue with the idea of a special occasion prime rib pizza. Need last-minute plans this weekend? Check out some of the events below!
- Dale Talde’s Massoni in New York is celebrating National Pizza Day with a Detroit-style Prime Rib Pizza with au jus, available for one day only. As an added bonus, all pies are buy one get one half off.
- Old Rose in New York is also celebrating the food holiday with half-priced Margherita pies all day long.
- Starting today, Shake Shack is giving lots of love in the form of the Love Shack Shake. Based off the B-52’s Hit “Love Shack,” the strawberry blond milkshake is topped with whipped cream and glitter sprinkles. Here’s where the real love comes in: for every Love Shack Shake sold, $2 will be donated to Canine Companions for Independence, a non-profit dedicated to providing trained assistance dogs to those with disabilities completely free of charge. The promotion ends on Sunday, February 18 and is available at select Shake Shack locations in New York, Los Angeles and Atlanta.
- Dating app, Bumble, is partnering with New York’s table tennis bar, Spin, to celebrate Valentine’s Day on the early side. Tonight from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m., ping pong players can enter a tournament, get tatted up with temporary tattoo company, Tattly and even get discounted Lyft rides. The first 75 customers will receive free cocktails with by displaying their Bumble app.
- Calling all art lovers! The third annual Our Town’s Art of Food returns to Sotheby’s in New York on Saturday to celebrate the city’s enormous culinary and art scenes. Hosts chef Claus Meyer and abstract artist and architect Richard Meier bring their respective fields together in this night of delicious, beautiful artwork. Expect bites from La Esquina, The Meatball Shop, Magnolia Bakery, Flex Mussels, Quality Eats and The Penrose as well as pieces from Meier and other artists. Tickets are available here.