Be sure to subscribe to Food Republic Today on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
While Noma is gearing up for its reopening, Dan Giusti, a former chef of the Copenhagen restaurant, tells us all about his mission to make public school lunches more palpable. We also have Scott Conant tell us how he really feels about food trends and McDonald’s. But first, the news:
- Mind of a Chef‘s sixth season is now live on Facebook Watch!
- Noma’s reopening in Copenhagen! Reservations are open tomorrow.
- Some airlines have suspended food service on flights coming out of Los Angeles due to a listeria outbreak.
- Fans of conservative talk show host Sean Hannity are calling for boycotts for brands like Keurig after they pulled sponsorship of his show. Brands ended their support for the show after Hannity expressed his support for Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.
- Public School Food That Doesn’t Suck? Dan Giusti Thinks It Can Happen.
- Rene Redzepi Talks Noma 2.0 In New Short Film
Food Republic Today is hosted by our Editorial Director, Richard Martin, with co-host Krista Ruane, Zero Point Zero culinary creative director, and produced by Zero Point Zero Production. Katie Guhl is our producer. The episode features music by Ghostly International artists including Michna, whose “Metal Baile Joint” is the theme song.